When a person loses a tooth, it can impact their life in various ways. While most people are concerned with how their smile looks when they are missing one or more teeth. There are additional problems that can occur and make it necessary to have dental implants in Jacksonville area. When a tooth is missing, it can lead to deterioration of the jaw bone and alter the shape of the individual’s face, which affects how old they appear. Depending on the location of the missing teeth and how many they have lost, the gap left behind can affect the person’s ability to speak correctly and cause them to mispronounce words.
Advantages of Selecting Implants Over Other Dental Procedures
- Dental implants in Jacksonville are surgically attached to the person’s jaw bone by a titanium post. This Eliminates the risk of the tooth slipping or shifting in the mouth like dentures are known to do.
- Provides a more natural look and feel compared to other dental procedures.
- Avoids the risk of bone loss in the jaw that can alter a person’s facial features.
- Implants provide the ability to eat various types of foods and improve the patient’s chewing ability.
- They do not require any special products to be used when cleaning the implant.
- Offers a more permanent solution for anyone who has missing teeth. The implants can last for 10 to 15 years before they need to be replaced.
Replace Missing Teeth Today by Consulting with a Certified Dentist
Jax Beaches Family Dentistry provides comprehensive dental care for patients from various age ranges. Whether you require a routine checkup or a dental procedure to correct a problem, their highly-trained staff is ready to help find a solution for your dental needs.